Friday, February 11, 2011

And now a note about work


After five months of fairly steady unemployment, I’ve been hired. Hallelujah.
Starting Monday the 14th, I’ll be writing for a nonprofit organization in Silverdale. They build orphanages for kids in Africa and the Caribbean, and offer child sponsorships as well. I’ll be taking care of some of the organization’s web content, news releases, brochures, newsletters and stories about sponsored children.
It’s the first full time job I’ve had since I quit working at the newspaper last September and blew all my money on a poorly budgeted trip to Europe. I wrote a freelance story about a high school basketball game for the Kitsap Sun last week, but other than that the only thing that’s kept me afloat in the last three months has been the charity of family and friends. I’m incredibly thankful to them, and I see a mooch-free future up ahead. Hopefully I can pay them back in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment