Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Is it summer yet?

Until about a week ago, we had had a relatively dry fall and winter here in Western Washington.  Now, the rain has come back and begun making up for lost time.  Today at work I mentioned that I couldn’t wait until it was summer.  One of my coworkers responded by saying that because we live in this terrible, dreary, gray, soggy climate (my description), it makes our vacation time more special.  We get to go away to warm, sunny places during our time off, and therefore we really appreciate those nice places and our time off. 

That may be true, but I’d also like to be able to appreciate the place where I live.  And yes, I could just suck it up and look on the bright side, see the glass as half full, etc., etc., and be thankful that I don’t live in Siberia or something.  Or I could save up some money and, instead of just traveling temporarily to a nice place, maybe try living there.  Yeah, maybe do that.  Or just spend more time traveling.  We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment