Friday, November 11, 2011

Our First Glimpses of Haiti

I've been terrible about taking photos on this trip.  My role here is to organize things, write, edit, and just plain see what's going on on this island.  I have other people in my group who are much better at taking photos, and who are assigned to do so.  So I've been relying on them to capture the images of this trip.  I tried to be better about taking photos in Haiti, but I mostly ended up taking some videos and stills from our van as we rode through the streets of Port-au-Prince.  Here are my first few images from Haiti.

The spot where our Haitian hosts' van broke down, along the main road into Haiti from the Dominican crossing at Jimani.


Daniel, one of our Haitian hosts, trying to figure out what's wrong with his van.  The lake here continues to encroach on the highway, and work crews are constantly dumping new dirt to keep the water from flowing over the road.


Outskirts of Port-au-Prince.

Rush hour traffic in Port-au-Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment