Monday, September 13, 2010

Travel itinerary so far

The first leg of my journey has changed. My friend from Bremerton is unable to drive my car home from Miami, so I decided to nix the road trip and shorten my travel time. My new itinerary is as follows.
I fly from Seattle to Dallas Sept. 14, then go via Amtrak and Greyhound through Austin, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, Panama City, Tampa and Miami. I've got a friend and some Couchsurfers willing to host me all through Texas. I'll book accommodations in Louisiana and Florida shortly. From Miami, I fly to London on Oct. 1. I'll be staying with friends there, then heading up to Dublin, likely via Liverpool.
Those are all the 'concrete' plans I've got so far. After Dublin, I'll most likely go through Belfast and Glasgow, then hop down to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany before heading south toward the Mediterranean. The hope is to make it as far east as Israel and Egypt, before returning to Europe via Portugal and Spain, then making my way through France and back to London. I fly from London back to Miami Nov. 30.
I haven't yet decided how I'll get home from Miami. Part of me has a dream of going overland, to extend the trip and the amount of sights to see. But a more realistic part thinks I'll be exhausted from more than 11 weeks on the road and therefore I'll end up booking the quickest, cheapest flight home. I'll figure out those details soon enough. For now, I need to get packing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, dude this sounds epic and awesome. I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted. Have a blast.

    ReplyDelete