Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm going to Mexico

Looks like I’m going to Mexico. But not until June.
Today I finally decided to commit to taking a 12-day mission trip to Mazatlan with some of the youth group folks at Newlife, my church in Silverdale. And I voiced that commitment by charging $250 to my Mastercard account.
I was worried for a while that this trip would interfere with my plans to complete the special Project that this blog will focus on. I was also worried that committing to it would force me to be more responsible and grown up, since I’ll be sort of a chaperone for the high school kids. But I’ve decided the trip is one I need to take. I don’t think short-term missions are for everyone, necessarily. But in my case, I know preparing for the trip and going on it will help me to grow. And that helps me get closer to being the man I want to be, I suppose. Plus, I feel like I can help the group from Newlife as well as the people in Mazatlan.
Now I just need to figure out how to get $1,875. I’d rather not take it all out of my savings, so I’m coming up with some fundraising ideas.
As for the Project, I still feel like it’s doable. It’ll still require a lot of travel and spending. And I’ll have to quit my job to do all that traveling. But if I can complete this Project, I’ll take a huge step forward in my career. I hope. I just have to make sure I do it right. And as for where my career goes from here, I guess time will tell. I’ll keep working hard and striving to be a good writer, unless I feel like God is prompting me to do something different. I’ll just have to be open to whatever comes down the pike.

No comments:

Post a Comment