Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Summer is at least getting closer

I readily and wholeheartedly admit that the Pacific Northwest has some of the most beautiful landscapes I’ve seen in all my travels.  But I still wish it wasn’t so damn cold for so much of the year.  It’s the last day of February, and aside from a brief work trip to the Caribbean last November, I’ve been bundled up, with the heat on, for the last four and a half months. Only three and a half more to go. 

Sure, it could be worse.  I could have been raised in Alaska and still living there.  The views might be stunning way up there, but the cold would be even more bitter.

With that said, I know living here in Western Washington isn’t all bad.  The clear days don’t happen all too often, but when they do, we’ve got it made.  I’ll keep that in mind as I wrap a few more sweaters around myself and dream of the approaching summer.  Because in my mind, summer is always approaching, even when it’s the middle of winter. 

The end of last summer. 111 days until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment