Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Latest Challenge, Part 3

This morning, I climbed onto Chris’ bathroom scale for the official weigh-in, nervous with anticipation.  When I looked down, I was shocked at what I saw.  It caused me to let out an exclamation, and Chris to burst into laughter.

Chris and I had originally set the official weigh-in for Friday, August 12, my birthday.  But shortly before that date, we realized we’d have to reschedule.  I would be starting work early that morning, and he didn’t want to pull himself out of bed to watch me step onto the scale.  So we figured we would do it first thing in the morning on Saturday.

Saturday came, and at around 11:30am we both realized I was going to ‘Family Day’ at the local shipyard, where my brother works.  Chris texted me, and we rescheduled again, for Sunday.  This time, we were all set.  No impediments; we were both free Sunday morning.  I was an equal mix of confidence and uncertainty.  On Thursday, I’d weighed myself at the gym after our workout, and I was just half a pound shy of 150.  Even taking into account the fact that I’d eaten lunch a few hours earlier, I felt pretty good.  But I knew I had some work to do in the next couple of days.

I tried to eat well throughout the weekend, but by the time I went to bed Saturday night, my confidence was waning.  I didn’t feel much bigger than before.  I felt pretty much the same.  When I stepped onto that scale this morning, I involuntarily let out a surprised, ‘Dude!  What the ….’  I was (officially) 147.6 pounds.  I was disappointed at first, but Chris reminded me that 11 pounds in 3 months is actually not too shabby for a guy my size.  Which, of course, I had to agree with.

Still, I’d like to reach my goal.  My body seems to need a push to surmount the hump that now lies before me.  Chris’ girlfriend agreed, and made me a plate of chicken adobo and rice, with a cool glass of chocolate milk before sending me on my way.  Now I have to continue doing my part.  And, within a few weeks, I’m sure I’ll have better news to report.

2 comments:

  1. I'll make you a giant fatty cake and a big batch of fried chicken. This is Melissa, by the way. Google thinks I'm a tiny baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... Cake and fried chicken sound nice.

    ReplyDelete