Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's update


This is just a quick update to let people know where I’m at as the new year begins.
At the moment, I’m still unemployed and looking for any sort of work. I’ve been jobless now for 4 months, since quitting the newspaper to gallivant around the world and spend too much damn money. I’m working on some travel writing that I’ll pitch to online magazines soon, but all that is going through editing and re-writes right now. (Thanks to Andy, Dan and Nathan for the help.)
Other than that, all job prospects are kind of up in the air. I’m hoping the places where I’ve applied will be ready to start hiring now that the holiday season is over. Being broke and going into debt get old pretty fast.
In the meantime, I’ll keep working on my writing and doing odd jobs to stave off depression and the feelings of being unproductive and poor. I want to save some of my travel stories for telling in person, or for possible publication. But there are a few I can tell here, so keep an eye out for those in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment