Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving on


I’m done with Project Friend List. I’m moving on to something more original, once I settle on a new idea.
I’ve visited a few friends that I haven’t had the chance to write about, and I doubt I’ll get around to writing about them, either. To them, I apologize.
Don’t get the wrong idea here. I’m not bummed out or defeated. But I know when to pull out the life raft and start paddling. ‘Rosa’ and Microsoft are expanding their ad campaign. You may have seen her or her friends on TV commercials or before the opening credits of some recent films. They’re now the ones who will be seen as the originators. I’ll be an imitator. And I have no interest in being labeled as such.
This Project would be a huge investment in time, effort and money. If I’m going to pour those resources into something, I need a vessel that won’t leak. With ‘Rosa’ doing her project, and everyone and their grandmother’s dog hopping on the Facebook bandwagon, I have to face the truth: I arrived too late. Now it’s time to discover something new and start over.
But like I said, that’s OK. I’ve got some other ideas in the hopper. Some are even slightly interesting. The next step is to keep my eyes and ears wide and my brain on high. It’s time to get a little more creative, and to brainstorm. Then it’ll be time to settle on something.
I’ll keep posting, and keep you posted as the story develops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment